Ingredients: ( Makes 12 Muffins)
- 1 apple peeled, cored , diced & caramalised with a tablespoon of sugar & pinch of cinnamon.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter. ( Skip the salt if using salted butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apple puree
- 1/4 cup lukewarm milk or water
- 1/2 cup readymade granola( oats rolled in sugar or honey & baked)
- Peel & dice the apple into 1/2 inch pieces . Transfer to a heavy bottomed skillet -add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar & a pinch of cinnamon . Cook on medium heat until the sugar coats the apple pieces. Let it cool.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda , salt , cinnamon .
- Beat butter & sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light & fluffy. Mix in the eggs one at a time & beat again - a minute at a time.
- Add the dry ingredient mix 2 tablespoons at a time until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the chopped, caramalised apples, vanilla extract & apple puree . Mix well
- If the batter looks too thick add some lukewarm milk or water to bring the mixture to a dropping consistency.
- Transfer batter to muffin pan with an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, pat the muffin pan on a work surface so the batter is kinda leveled & top with granola ( whole oats rolled in sugar or honey)
- Line Muffin pan with paper muffin liners & bake on 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
The muffins come out of the oven & comes in my nephew & family .
Gosh!!!!!!! The muffins were gone even before I could take some nice pictures as I was still in the kitchen cooking . I hardly managed to take the one above with my small Canon Sx 210.