So here I am browsing the internet looking for some sesame seed cookie recipes & all the recipes I came across had the cookies just rolled in sesame seed or just topped with sesame seeds . I was really looking for a recipe that would have a lot of sesame coz I love the taste of it. Not finding anything like it I just picked up the basic sesame seed cookie recipe & tweaked it by adding some baking soda & a cup of sesame seeds. My friend & myself just freaked out when we tasted these cookies as they were one of the best tasting cookie we have ever had.
- 1 cup toasted Sesame seed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 stick Unsalted butter( skip the salt if using salted butter)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Sift together all the dry ingredients, flour, salt & baking soda .
- Toast the sesame seed in a heavy bottomed pan on medium or low heat until they are perfectly pink in colour/ make sure not to overbrown the sesame seeds . Transfer them to a plate to stop them from browning any further.
- Beat the butter & sugar together until light & fluffy. Add the egg & beat again .
- Start adding the dry ingredient mix to the butter sugar & egg mix. Mix well.
- Add the lemon juice , vanilla extract & sesame seed & mix well.
- Drop about 1/2 a tablesppon of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 F for 11-12 minutes. I kept on checking in between to make sure the cookies don't turn too dark. Transfer to cooling rack & let cool completely for the perfect crunchiness.