Monday, September 12, 2011

Nutella thumbprint Chocolate Cookies



Do we need any occasion to bake cookies ? Absolutely not!!!!!! .......I feel we can bake cookies anytime & have them  anytime - just dunk em in tea or milk - anytime. I get so excited whenever I  see  pictures of any cookie especially one  that looks fresh out of a bakery I know i have to bake them. My love for fresh baked cookies dates back to my childhood ( as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts as well) & now that I have the luxury of having a big oven I want to bake something everyday. These cookies are kind of a replica of the Chocolate Bourbon cookies that we so used to love as kids. My father would bring that tin of Britannia  chocolate bourbons & it would be gone in no time. I saw the pictures for these cookies on the net ,topped with Dulce De Leche ( honestly all I know about Dulce De Leche is that it is some kind of a topping) , so avoiding a trip to the grocery store I topped them with "Nutella" Instead & they taste exactly like The chocolate bourbons.....soft & crunchy  at the same time & the little dab of nutella  makes  them.......make em.......I dunno what to say ( lol)



Ingredients:

I cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened  cocoa powder ( I used Hershey's)
1/8 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter at room temp ( 112 grams / 1/2 cup )
1/3 cup heaped confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tablespoons crushed pistachios.
1-2 tablespoons nutella

Preparation:

Mix the dry ingredients together, flour, cocoa, salt - keep aside
Beat the butter & sugar together in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until light & fluffy.
Add vanilla extract , mix well.
Start adding the dry mix 2 tablespoons at a time until completely incorporated . Mix well. Do not overmix the cookie dough.
The dough will be soft , divide it into 20-24 equal portions( I scooped it out with 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon)  roll into small balls & just flatten each ball slightly into the palms .
Now press one side of each ball into crushed pistachios & place them onto well greased baking sheet.
For the thumbprint you can either make an impression in the centre of the cookie with your thumb or a 1/2 measuring tsp ( I used 1/2 measuring tsp)
Bake at 325 degree F for 12-15 mins. You might have to adjust the bake time as every oven is different.
The cookies might puff up from the centre while baking , in that case just press them with a spoon again while they are hot & soft.
Let cool completely . Top each cookie with a little dollop of Nutella .




Note: Top them with nutella just before serving as they tend to become a little  soggy  from the moisturous Nutella.

Happy Baking..........Enjoy.









My 23rd post & 3 awards form Sobha of Good Foods . Thank you so much Sobha. I am really touched .
Congratulations on your 5th anniversary & May God bless you. Lots of Luv.

36 comments:

  1. They look sooo cute....well made dear..loved them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look awesome. melting in the mouth texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow crisp and crunchy cookies...awesome clicks and presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, cookies look so beautiful, wonderful clicks and presentation..very tempting ones and I am absolutely in love with them..

    ReplyDelete
  5. the look wonderful...happy to follow you:)
    -Aarthi @munchmunchcrunchcrunch

    New event - HLI-DATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alpana, those cookies look so tempting and what delightful pics! thanks for popping by to my blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute looking cookie.And with my favourite
    Nutella;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alpana thanx for stopping my blog...
    you have a nice blog and awesome recipes....cookies looks so cute and crunchy...
    blog and awesome recipes....cookies looks so cute and crunchy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look awesome...nice blog..will come back for more surely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfect and yummy cookies..beautiful clicks too dear...

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) really such a coincidence that we made two different versions of the Nutella thumbprint cookies on the same day :) They look really good.. the photos are very good too..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pictures look gorgeous! Yummy cookies!Thank for dropping by my site .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the melt in mouth look of these cookies..perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks lovely.
    Good pictures.
    Thanks for the nice presentation.

    If you like hindi blogs,please visit mine also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou so much all you wonderful fellows out there .....Thanks for all your beautiful words. You guys are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks gorgeous!! Bookmarked this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! The cookies are groovy and wonderfully made! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Alpana,
    Your blog is wonderfully laden with mouth watering delicacies...
    The cookies look inviting and the presentation is wonderfully done...
    Thanks for visiting my blog, hope we see each other more often:)
    Have a great week ahead:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my!!! oh my!!! i am in love with your pictures Alpana..Awesome awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thankyou so much Sarah.....The credit for the pics goes to Hubby Dear who despite his V busy schedule spends his weekend time clicking pictures for me & also helps with the maintenance of this Blog. Could not have done it without his help.

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey dear, please collect some awards at my space :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. looks awsum...lovely lookg cookies , wanna take a bite..:)

    http://varietyisthespiceofyourlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. These look divine. Love, love the pistachios on top.

    ReplyDelete
  24. very nice bake and the last pic is such a killer- yum !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those looks gorgeous and so damn cute :) Did you brown sugar or plain white sugar ? Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks Kankana......generally I use brown sugar for all my bakes.......but this time I used white confectioners sugar also known as icing sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks a ton to all of you all for all your beautiful comments & compliments. The overwhelming response is really making me emotional at this time. Luv U all.........

    ReplyDelete
  28. Segui passos e encontrei este blog.
    “Conhecer alguém aqui e ali…”
    Gostei.
    Volto.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on the awards and looks so yummy
    & delicious cookies ..... love them to have right a way !!! glad to follow u ....

    ReplyDelete
  30. these look so good! I am new to your blog and I love it. Can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete