Monday, September 19, 2011

Fruit & Nut Custard with Jelly


Today is my 25th post & with 7 awards in a row i really wanted to celebrate this occasion with a sweet & simple recipe. Fruit custard is one of my all time favorite desserts , very easy to make with few ingredients , healthy & delicious & the best part is that it can be done in 15 minutes if you are having guests at a very short notice. Not saying too much here goes the recipe for this easy, breezy super delicious dessert.

For the custard:

1 cup milk
2 tablespoons custard powder( I have used vanilla flavour)
2 tablespoon sugar
2 cardamom pods
1 tablespoon raisins( kishmis)
1 teaspoon coarsely chopped pistachios

For the Jelly:

3 tablespoons  of Jelly Crystals ( I have used cherry flavoured Vegetarian jelly)
1/2 cup water
Some fruit of your choice ( I have added raspberries)


Method:

Bring milk to a boil in a pan, when the milk starts boiling add sugar, cardamom , raisins & nuts  & keep stirring so the milk dosent stick to the pan.
Dissolve the custard powder in 1/4 cup of water & add to boiling milk slowly & keep stirring to avoid any lumps . Just stir for 3-4 minutes & turn off the heat. Let the custard cool completely before assembling.

For the jelly , boil half cup of water in a pan ( I generally do it in the microwave)
Add jelly crystals to the boiled water & stir well until the crystals dissolve completely.
Let the jelly mixture cool before adding any fruit. Refrigerate for 25-30 minutes.
I have added some raspberries here to the jelly.
Jelly can be served as you would like .....just as is or on top of the custard . I have just assembled the dessert in individual portions. You can add any fruit of your choice to the custard.

A big thank you to all my dear friends who have supported me all through with all their beautiful compliments. It is your comments & compliments that I feel are a reward for all my efforts to share some of my tried & tested recipes with you . Happy Cooking & keep blogging.


31 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful click. Looks so tempting. Thanks for visiting us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on ur post...and what a way to celebrate.... custard and jelly looks very tempting...and ur clicks are making me drool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome clicks,Alpana of a quick recipe!!
    First time here, glad to visit your neat space:-)
    Visit my space when time permits
    Erivum Puliyum
    URL http://erivumpuliyumm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome clicks. It is really stunning. BTW, can u please tell me in which section of grocery store u can find jelly crystals? I was searching it for many times and i didn't get it.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uma.....Thanks for visiting my space. I have used Weikfield brand vegetarian jelly that I bought at the Indian store here in NJ. Ask your grocery store if they carry this brand. If you do not mind non-vegetarian then you can get REX jelly at any Indian store. Hope this helps.

    Cheers.....
    alpana

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Uma......I found it in the condiment section of my store where they have all kinds of custard powders etc. You will have to ask your grocer store where they house it.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Alpana...u have a lovely blog. very few but very cool and lovely recipes. You hv one hell of a photographer in ur husband..;-) love all the clicks...thanks for visiting my site and joining me...am ofcourse happy to follow u too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot for visiting my space.Nice recipes and clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to have found your blog. Pictures are stunning and the custard looks inviting. Following you.

    Vardhini
    Zesty Palette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fruit and nut custard looks so tempting.Lovely blog and beautiful clicks.Thanks for stopping by my space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so delicious and tempting. The clicks are fantastic as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG what a clicks......!!wonderful treat to the eyes....custard looks fab...

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely presentation & neat clicks ! congrats on ur 25 th post and wishing u many more

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! A lovely presentation...It's a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow,it's an awesome space Alpana,yours ! Great job.And such royal clicks to go with the post.Thanks that I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of those 5 start restaurant dessert and your presentation plus the photo is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful clicks...so cute and lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome click...seriously drooling here...lovelyyy

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous cliks...recipe sounds fantastic...hats off Alpana..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks so lovely! Not only is this an easy dessert but it's also pretty too. Always a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Looks so tempting! Beautiful pictures

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks so wonderful..eyepleasing clicks and fruit n nut a superb combo name reminds me of cadbury chocolates..yummy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely pictures Alpana. And a very apt way to celebrate your milestone

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thankyou so much guys for all your beautiful expressions.
    @ Avika......Good reminder of cadbury fuit & nut...howver many kinds of choco's I woud have had but I still love The cadbury fruit & nut .

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Alpana thanx for stopping my blog...
    you have a nice blog and awesome recipes....and gorgeous pics..love to follow u...custard and jelly looks very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  26. lovely dessert and very well presented...

    ReplyDelete
  27. looks superb. excellent pics.
    Thanks for visiting me. Subscribing you.
    Invitation for a potluck

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow what lovely photographs and I love the beautiful dessert. Very innovative!

    ReplyDelete