Thursday, September 1, 2011

Strawberry Basil Ginger Coolaid



The versatility & variety of fruit never ceases to amaze me & there is so much that can be done with it.......U name it & u have it: salad, soup, desert, beverage & just on its own. A trip to the grocery store & I just end up buying every possible fruit in the store, so much so that I had to throw a couple of boxes each of strawberry , blueberry & cherry in the freezer so they don't turn bad & i could use them anytime I come up with a recipe.Especially my trips to Whole food drive me crazy coz they have so much organic fruit : I just cannot stop. So making good use of some strawberry that was piling up in the refigerator here comes an Indianised version of strawberry coolaid.The recipe is somewhat inspired from US masala  but I have given it my own twist.


Ingredients:

I cup fresh Strawberry, washed & cubed / 3-4 strawberry for garnish
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh basil or 10-12 leaves
1 inch cube of fresh ginger
1/2 tsp black salt
juice of two lemons
Bottle of club soda
This recipe has been linked to "Anu's Healthy Kitchen " Berries- Strawberry" event &  "Cooking with Siri" 'Healing Foods- Beeries "event.



Preparation:

In the jar of mixer blender  , puree all ingredients together : strawberry, sugar, basil & ginger  & strain the mix through a soup strainer to get a smooth paste. Add salt & lemon juice.  Add 5 cups of club soda & some ice & the drink is ready. Garnish as desired.

Enjoy...............
Please Click on the EVENT LOGO to ENTER the RECIPE DETAILS....




27 comments:

  1. Awesome recipe dear...thanks for sending it to my event. Please link back this post to the announcement page and use of logo is mandatory.

    I hope you understand and follow the rules of the event!

    September Event "ALMONDS"
    Check out my DIWALI Event
    On Going - Last dys - Strawberry Dessert August Event

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anu,,

    Thanks.....it was a pleasure. But I tried to link it & being my first time I could not really figure out how to do it. Appreciate if you could gimme some more info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... what a refreshing drink:) Lovely beautiful colour.. very pleasing..
    First time here and I enjoyed browsing through your recipes... Glad to follow u:)
    Happy blogging girl:)
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think strawberry and basil is a really awesome combo...
    thanks for visiting my space alpana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Reva & Miss "An Open Book" for connecting with me.
    Hope we enjoy each & every moment of this beautiful journey.

    Thanks .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful combo and a lovely drink, love the colour..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flavorful and delicious..refreshing drink..following u..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strawberry drink looks so beautiful and sounds yummy. Amazing clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great drink./Fantastic ingredients.And the colour.This for surew will cool you down:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Alpana, thanks for your comment on my post in HC. Your blog is nice and this coolaid is spot on my fav. Such lovely colors too!
    www.sunshineandsmile.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too good Alpana!!!this is so good drink.. refreshing n perfectly clicked n well presented!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, thanks for dropping by and following. Am pretty inclined towards making those maple syrup cookies :) Following back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou so much all you lovely gals out there. Thanks for the beautiful comments & for connecting with me. You really made my day today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a yummy blog here and I am enjoying my visit:) The drink looks so beautiful and healthy...keep rocking dear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. drink is very inviting.
    thanks for stopping at my blog. happy to follow u

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment..nice to discover your lovely blog too..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi dear, thanks for stopping by my blog :). This is such a refreshing drink. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks really good (and pretty too) Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks a ton Viki, Santosh, Preety, PJ & Junglefrog.......Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Refreshing drink..Thanks for visiting my space. Happy to follow u.

    http://www.easycookingforamateurs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for trying n liking the recipe Alpana ~ lovely color you got!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  22. thats awesome refreshing drink!....thanks for sending it to my event!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks a ton everyone for visiting my space , your beautiful words will encourage me to keep going.

    ReplyDelete