- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup gramflour ( Besan)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix together all the dry ingredients , flour, gramflour, salt , baking soda ,sugar & cumin seeds, keep aside
- Beat the butter & cream cheese together in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light & fluffy. Add the lemon zest & lemon juice & start adding the dry mix a tablespoon at a time until incorporated .
- Finish adding all the dry mix until just well blended.
- Roll out the cookie dough into 8 inch long logs ,wrap in cling foil & refrigerate for 15-30 minutes .
- Cut the logs into 1/2 inch thick slices & place on baking tray approx 1 inch apart.
- Bake on 350 F for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies turn slightly pink.
Next time I'm gonna improvise a little on this recipe by increasing the amount of lemon zest & lemon juice & ofcourse cut them with a cookie cutter .