So here comes the recipe for these macroons.......one of the easiest recipes I have come across while I was looking for coconut cookie recipes . I did see the pictures for these macroons on google but then I also came across the recipe on Sinfoodie.Not only are they good looking but are super delicious as well. I took them over to one of my relatives house for 4th of july get together & no one was ready to believe that they were home made( I could not believe it myself when they were finally ready) .So now I have suggestions pouring in that I should start marketing them..........Hmmmmm I like that & so will u.......
Ingredients: This will make about 10 macroons
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded sweetened coconut
- 100 gms of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate for dipping
- Transfer condensed milk into a bowl , mix in the flour until well blended.
- Now start mixing in the coconut a tablespoon at a time until all of it is mixed well. If the mixture looks too runny more coconut can be incorporated or if it looks too stiff while mixing in the coconut we can save some coconut from the 1 1/2 cups.
- Sprinkle some shredded coconut on to a work surface, now pick up about a tablespoon of mixture with your hands & place it on the shredded coconut pressing it down while pinching it at the top so as to get the shape of a mound. You will get a perfectly flat bottom & since the bottom is now covered with dry shredded coconut it will not stick to the tray while baking , transfer all the coconut mounds to a baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 325 F & bake for 12-15 mins. until the tops look perfectly golden.
- Transfer to cooling rack & let cool completely.
- Melt baking chocolate in a small bowl ( can also be microwaved since the quantity of chocolate is too small) & holding the top , dip the bottom of the macroons in the chocolate so as to cover almost half of the macroon, transfer to another lined baking tray or can even be placed on cling wrap. Refrigerate for about 5 -10 mins for the chocolate to set completely. So here you have very professional looking macroons with the minimalist of ingredients. Enjoy................